Happy Friday guys! I’ve got a bunch of random stuff on my mind for you this Friday!
1) I’m a nuun Ambassador! I don’t know what took me so long to announce this to you all! I applied a while back and got the email at the beginning of March telling me I had been accepted. You all know how much I love nuun, so I’m beyond excited! Remember, I take nuun with me everywhere, that’s how much I love it!
2) I SERIOUSLY need to rearrange my training plan. Here’s how it stands right now:
Monday: Upper body strength/easy 30 minutes cardio
Tuesday: One hour of kettlebell
Thursday: Upper body strength/4 mile interval run
Saturday: Easy 4 mile run
Sunday: Long run
So, first of all I realize that I have 3 strength training days in there, and all 3 are going to hit my upper body pretty hard. No matter what you do with kettlebells there’s a lot of upper body involved, but I also use them as a good way to get a leg workout in without too much leg focus, because I don’t want my legs to be too sore for running. I learned this week that upper body day leaves me sore, a little too sore to do kettlebell the very next day. I also learned that my gym will no longer be offering RPM, and I’m skeptical of the new spin class, so I’m either going to have to create my own spins (which I’ve done in the past), or do something different for cardio for an hour that day. With all that being said, I think I’m going to try this with my workout routine:
Monday: Upper body/30 minutes easy cardio
Wednesday: One hour of kettlebell
Thursday: 4-5 Mile interval Run
Friday: Cardio Hour (I’m really going to try to make it spin)
Saturday: Long Run
Sunday: Recovery Run (and possibly some easy strength training – like body weight tabata)
I hope this works out better!
3) There is nothing better in this world than good friends. Last night Megan, Tania, and I stayed in, ate turkey chili, drank wine, and enjoyed some cupcakes from the Duck & Bunny (a local place known for their cupcakes – and yes, mine was gluten free!). We also watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was such a cute movie. To me, that’s a perfect night. I get to do it all over again tomorrow night too when my best friend Jen comes over to see my new apartment. I can’t wait to make butternut squash soup and gluten free meatloaf for dinner!
4) I’M GOING TO SEE THE DROPKICK MURPHY’S TONIGHT! They’re one of my favorite bands and oddly enough I’ve never seen them live. Megan won tickets from a local radio station so we get to ride up to Boston on the party bus! I can’t wait to get all decked out in Irish/St. Pats themed clothes and makeup and go to what is sure to be one of the best shows I’ve ever seen! I already did my nails for the occasion.
5) Treadmill boycott (for real this time). After my less than desirable race results last weekend due to the cold air in my lungs, I’ve decided to really go on treadmill boycott. Even today, when it’s 25 degrees with a feels like temperature of 16, I will be headed outside for a run. The sun is shining, there’s no reason to coop myself up in the gym on the boring treadmill.
How’s that for a random post? What’s in store for you this weekend? Any exciting festivities planned to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?