Good Monday morning! The sun is shining and it’s warm(ish) outside – a perfect day for a run! But before that, I must share with you what I’m loving on this Monday.
1) Helping friends get PRs. My first attempt at run coaching was a HUGE success when my friend Kelly ran the Irish 5k in Pawtucket 2 minutes faster than her last 5k! I ran too, but no PR for me. I’m blaming it on having to stop to tie my shoe that came untied just before Mile 2.
2) Having an ACTUAL training plan. I took the time last week to create a real training plan for myself for the entire month of March. My plan includes 3-4 runs per week (I’m leaving Monday as an “open” cardio day, depending on how my legs feel), two days of upper body weight training, one day of kettlebell, and of course RPM on Friday. I’m also slowly rebuilding mileage to start getting ready for the Cox Half and Reach the Beach.
3) Rediscovering my love for country music. My awesome roommate took me to see Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley last night! It was AMAZING – Miranda Lambert puts on a helluva performance and you can REALLY tell she loves what she does. I’ve always liked country music, but I tend to forget that I do and I go forever without listening to it!
A little pre-concert libation
4) Having an “office”I set up my desk, printer, and all of my office supplies in my bedroom at the new apartment and now I have an ACTUAL workspace! I’m so motivated now to blog, work on fitness plans, and work on building Runcupcake Fitness!
Notice the fantastic coffee mug my roommate bought me…
5) SPRING FEVER! I have a wicked case of spring fever. The first day of spring is only 17 days away, daylight savings is Sunday, and the high’s here in Lil’ Rhody are in the mid 40’s every single day this week! Spring makes me even more motivated to train hard because that means we’re just one season away from BIKINI SEASON! I’m treating myself to a new bikini this year, but only if I stick with my training plan and work my ass off! I’m thinking something like this – I like the watermelon colors!
What are you loving on this Monday?!