I’ve experienced a lot of good stuff lately! And since it is Monday, I will present it to you in the “What I love on Monday” style.
1) The weather. It has been beautiful here in Lil’ Rhody for the past few days. Temperatures well into the 70′s and 80′s. I spent my weekend outside working at my grandparents farm, and it was perfect weather for it. I also went for a two mile walk on my lunch break today. Perfect.
2) Pumpkin beer. It may not feel like fall, but the calendar says it is. Friday night I went out with friends to Mew’s Tavern in Wakefield, RI for dinner and drinks. They have a great beer menu item called the “Rack-O-Draughts”. It’s four 7-oz beer samples. Imagine my joy when I realized there were enough pumpkin beers on the menu to make my ”Rack-O-Draughts” a ”Rack-O-Pumpkin Draughts”. Oh yeah. I had, Cisco Pumple Drumkin (4), Post Road Pumpkin Ale (1), Wolaver’s Organic Pumpkin Ale (3), and UFO Pumpkin (2). I was going to review them, but I don’t really know how to review them, so the number in parentheses next to them is my rating, #1 being the best. I also had an 8 oz snifter of Southern Tier Pumking – holy moly that stuff is good. I need to find it in the store ASAP.
|Yummy beer makes me happy!|
3) Great home cooked meals. I made myself the most amazing dinner tonight. I grilled a steak, threw together a simple side salad, and cooked up some of Mama Pea’s spanish quinoa. So delish and so satisfying. I had never had quinoa before – I really like it. I can’t wait to make more recipes with it.
4) Getting good news. I am now an official FitFluential Ambassador. Cool, right? I’m very excited and can’t wait to get to work. What’s that? Don’t know what FitFluential is? Click on the FitFluential badge on the right hand side of this page for all the details.
5) Getting faster. I had two totally butt kicking speed runs last week. On Wednesday I ran 4 miles at an average 8:46 pace and on Friday I ran 3 miles at an average 8:28 pace. Who am I?! I’m loving it because it really has my confidence boosted for my half on Sunday.
6) My first giveaway. What? What’s that you said? I said:
Stay tuned, because tomorrow is the big day!
But for now…
I hope everyone had a great Monday!
What do you love today?